Monday, October 10, 2022

Brought Home a 10¨ Potted Umbrella Tree

 So, yes, I did go back to home depot yesterday for the 10¨ for $10 deal. Isn´t she a  beauty?



Then, since Planta tells me sheś suseptible to scales, mealy bugs, and thrips, I gave her a thorough shower. Then I read something about how to prune her. All I remember is that you can prune her at any time of year. This morning I watched this particularly helpful video demonstration. The presenter, Catherine, said I can prune any branch within or without on her internodes. Catherine says to prune outer branches that are longer than inner branches in order to form a pleasing and rounded shape.


I´ve always been a bit leery of pruning--so FINAL!--but my new girl clearly needs it. Cross my fingers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

How to ¨Winter¨ Houseplants

Somewhere I heard that there are no mistakes in gardening, only experiments from which you learn something. This fall and winter will be an ...